RUSSIA has bizarrely placed the blame for the attempted assassination of Putin’s alleged “spiritual guide” on a female Ukrainian assassin who it claims snuck into Moscow with her 12-year-old daughter.
The FSB, Russia‘s secret security service, has announced it has “solved” the murder of journalist Darya Dugina, daughter of notorious Russian nationalist Alexander Dugin.
Putin’s spies even claim that Dugina’s assassin snuck in and out of Russia in a Mini Cooper in a killing with echoes of the classic 1969 film The Italian Job.
Darya, a journalist who has reported on the war in Ukraine, died when the car she was driving blew up as she returned from a festival on the outskirts of Moscow.
Her father, who has been described by some as the “mastermind” behind the invasion of Ukraine, survived the bomb supposedly meant for him after switching vehicles with his daughter at the last moment.
Russia has alleged that the assassin was previously a member of the Azov Regiment in the Ukrainian army.
State media organisation NTV has shared a picture of what it alleges is her ID card showing that she is a member of the National Guard of Ukraine.
Earlier, the FSB alleged that she is 43 and that she arrived in Russia on July 23 this year with her 12-year-old daughter.
“It has been established that the crime was prepared and committed by the Ukrainian special services,” the FSB alleged in a statement.
Providing no evidence, the Russian spy agency went on to claim that the assassin rented an apartment in the same home as Dugin’s daughter to trail her.
It also alleged that she drove into Russia in a Mini Cooper with multiple number plates, including ones from the Donetsk People’s Republic, Russia, Kazakhstan and Ukraine.
The FSB claims the car bomb which killed Darya was detonated remotely from the Mini Cooper which was driving close behind.
She and her daughter then allegedly escaped to Estonia following the assassination.
The bizarre statement also insists that Dugin’s daughter – an obscure figure even in her native Russia – was the target of the attack.
Ukraine has denied any involvement in the assassination.
Dugin, 60, has broken his silence for the first time since the death of his daughter, issuing a thundering call for revenge.
“As a result of a terrorist attack carried out by the Nazi Ukrainian regime, on August 20, when returning from the festival near Moscow, my daughter Darya Dugina was brutally killed by an explosion in front of my eyes,” he said.
“She was a beautiful Orthodox girl, a patriot, a military correspondent, an expert on the central channels, and a philosopher.”
He added: “We need only our Victory. My daughter laid her life on its altar – so please win!
“We wanted to raise her to be smart, and to be a hero. Let this (her tragic death) inspire the sons of our Fatherland to the feat even now.”
In the wake of the FSB “breakthrough”, journalist for pro-Russian media network RT Margarita Simonyan has appeared to threaten Estonia if it doesn’t hand over Dugina’s “assassin”.
The journalist reportedly said Russia should send “people to admire the spires in Tallinn” if Estonia won’t extradite the supposed suspect.
Margarita previously gave a glowing interview of the suspects in the Salisbury Novichok attacks.
Help those fleeing conflict with The Sun’s Ukraine Fund
PICTURES of women and children fleeing the horror of Ukraine’s devastated towns and cities have moved Sun readers to tears.
Many of you want to help the five million caught in the chaos — and now you can, by donating to The Sun’s Ukraine Fund.
Give as little as £3 or as much as you can afford and every penny will be donated to the Red Cross on the ground helping women, children, the old, the infirm and the wounded.
Donate here to help The Sun’s fund
Or text to 70141 from UK mobiles
£3 — text SUN£3
£5 — text SUN£5
£10 — text SUN£10
Texts cost your chosen donation amount (e.g. £5) +1 standard message (we receive 100%). For full T&Cs visit redcross.org.uk/mobile
The Ukraine Crisis Appeal will support people in areas currently affected and those potentially affected in the future by the crisis.
In the unlikely event that the British Red Cross raise more money than can be reasonably and efficiently spent, any surplus funds will be used to help them prepare for and respond to other humanitarian disasters anywhere in the world.
For more information visit https://donate.redcross.org.uk/appeal/disaster-fund