A TEAM of elite former SAS soldiers have reportedly killed up 20 Russian generals in Ukraine and have vowed to fight to the death.
The 12-strong crack unit have spent six long weeks targeting powerful Kremlin officers during the war in Ukraine.
They also allegedly killed 15 of the feared Wagner mercenaries in an ambush last month.
A source told the Daily Star on Sunday: “They have around 120 years of special forces experience between them.
“They are completely self-supported and have access to explosives, weapons and ammunition. At least two are trained combat medics.”
All are veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, aged from 29 to 62, with the oldest a grandad.
It is understood they were recruited via a Whatsapp group for ex-members of the special forces regiment.
And the brave Brits have also helped to train some Ukrainian troops in ambush methods.
The source also revealed that they all valiantly vowed to stay until the end of the war and will not be captured alive.
He said: “They know they can’t afford to be taken prisoner because in all likelihood they will be tortured, tried and executed as foreign mercenaries.”
The Sun have approached the Ministry of Defence for comment.
It comes after news earlier this week that Ukraine reportedly wiped out two of Vladimir Putin’s generals in a single strike.
If true, it would bring the death toll of top-rank Russian Commanders to 12 during the conflict.
Last month it was reported US intelligence is helping Ukrainian troops wipe out Russian generals.
As well as generals, at least 49 colonels have been killed so far in the Ukraine war in a massive setback to Putin.
Russian forces have intensified attacks to capture Severodonetsk – a key city in Ukraine’s eastern Donbas region.
Hundreds of terrified civilians are sheltering at a chemical factory amid a deadly kremlin onslaught according to Ukrainian sources.
If Putin’s men capture the city, it would give Moscow control of the whole Luhansk region and could turn the tide of the whole conflict.